Not seeing items you’ve added? Sign in
Frequently Asked Questions
After a Car Crash FAQs
Yes. The seat is still structurally safe to use as long as the foam is positioned in the same place in which it was intended. Sometimes taping the foam in place is suggested in order to prevent it from wiggling. Taping the foam does not compromise the safety of the car seat. For more information contact Britax Customer Service at: 1-888-427-4829 (toll free).
While we hope this never happens to our customers, unfortunately accidents do occur. In the event this happens, Britax recommends that the use of a car seat be discontinued if it has been in a moderate to severe crash. We further advise of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) position that it is not necessary to replace a car seat after a minor crash.
A minor crash is one that meets ALL of following criteria:
- • The vehicle was able to be driven away from the crash site; AND
- • The vehicle door nearest the child restraint was undamaged; AND
- • There were no injuries to any of the vehicle occupants; AND
- • The air bags (if present) did not deploy; AND
- • There is no visible damage to the car seat.
For more information on NHTSA’s stance on car seats and crashes: